Monday, March 9, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-10-15

 This week I read Half Brother. I did not like it as much as other kids that have read it apparently have, but I still think it is a really sweet, cute, and well written book. The story focuses on a boy named Ben who lives in Canada, and just moved with his dad to Victoria for a his fathers job. When the book starts Ben wakes up on the floor of his room with a sleeping bag and he realizes that it is his birthday. However, knowing his dad, he doesn't think it will be celebrated (because his dad forgot). That same morning, the moving truck pulls up to their house and finds that the two living in the house are very excited to get their furniture and things.
    All of that is beside the point besides this one thing. His mother arrives that day too, but she is not alone. She has a different kind of birthday present. She walks up to the house carrying a baby. A baby chimpanzee. This chimpanzee is part of research Ben's dad is doing, and will turn out to become a type of brother to Ben. After thinking of names, they come up with Zan (a nickname for Tarzan), and their friendship (and the story) begins.
    This is a very good book and is a break from the other books being written recently. I enjoyed reading it and I am sure everyone that wants to read this will find it enjoyable as well.
    Next week I will read Legacy.    

4 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I may read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really different, but cool, I might give it a try. I think Zan is a bad name though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book. I agree with Eddie. Good review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I want to read this book now, where did you get it? Good review.

    ReplyDelete