Thursday, March 12, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-12-15

   Sometimes I like to imagine what life was like in different history events. I really enjoy learning about history in general, and one of the things that I liked about it when I was young was that it gave me a platform to make believe. Am I riding on a white horse next to general Lee in the battle of Gettysburg as artillery balls an bullets alike fly past, each one not daring to hit either General Lee or I? Am I walking the streets of Paris during the French Revolution, alongside other young boys wanting to rebel against kings and queens with enough power to crush a city? Am I dumping barrels into the Harbor with John Adams and others in Boston?  
              A new topic has interested me lately, which is best described as the Crusades. Am I slaying innocent people because they don’t believe in the God I do? Am I establishing myself the king of a country because last night in my dream God told me to?
              Am I aiming a Gatling gun at a person in a gas mask I know nothing about because it was the orders given to me? Am I shaping the civilization that will be the most successful in history, while marble statues are being carved of my face?
              Am I shaping a genocide so horrible it will go down in history, while guns are being aimed at my face?
              Am I?
              Are you?
              I don’t know.     

9 comments:

  1. Very deep. I've never thought about actually being in history before. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you explained each event really well, you seem to know a lot about each topic. I really liked your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I'm not a history person and I've never committed a genocide. However, this seems really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang bro, I don't like history but that was pretty cool. And deep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I feel a bit overwhelmed after reading this. Very power language and images and ideas. I have to think more about this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's actually really interesting. You've just made me way more interested in history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice thoughts, I forget have you been to Gettysburg? Do you remember the model that I made last year? Nice post!
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice thoughts, I forget have you been to Gettysburg? Do you remember the model that I made last year? Nice post!
    -James

    ReplyDelete