Friday, March 6, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-6-15

   I feel a shiver go down my back as I hear Commissioner Gordan's closing monologue to the movie The Dark Knight.

   "Batman is the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now," he says, turning to his son. That is probably the most memorable quote from a movie filled with good quotes (like "Why so serious?). "So we'll hunt him, because he can take it," he continues, explaining why batman has to run. "Because he is not a hero. He's a silent protector, a watchful guardian...-

    I wait in anticipation for the immortal words to be said.

    "... A Dark Knight."

    The screen fades to black, and I close my eyes trying to take in the perfection. Re-watching this master piece of film making has inspired me to watch more movies. It is so hard to try and take in this movie, because there is not one single flaw in it. I really hope you all get to see it sometime, so that everyone can appreciate it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment