Sunday, March 22, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-22-15

My eyes seem to glaze over as I watch the acting on the television. My family and I are watching the movie “Doubt” and so far, I really like it. This movie brought together so many good actors and actresses, so that they carry the movie all the way through. I realize how amazing film is, how life can be captured with a camera and become 1’s and 0’s on a computer, burned onto a disk, then re-created by thousands of blue, red, and green pixels.
              As I said the movie has really good people playing the roles, and the story is just as good. It is quite dark, however, and the more I watch it the more I wish I was watching a really happy movie like “Despicable Me.”
              That is the thing with a lot of good movies, they all aren’t really for kids, unless it is a rare case like… well, I can’t think of any. Do you get my point? I think movies that are classified as ‘good’ shouldn’t always have to be the heartbreaking ones or the ones that remind of the darkness in the world, but the ones that remind you of the light. I will still use “Despicable Me” as an example, so, it does have really cartoony characters and a plot, but it will make anybody’s day happier and remind how to laugh and help you get through hard times. Even the over-stylized world that Gru lives in seems somehow real, like it is inside everyone somewhere and somehow.
That is why I think people should re-assess what ‘good’ movies are.    

No comments:

Post a Comment