Monday, March 9, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-9-15

    Over the years, whenever I come back from my soccer practices at 7:10 pm, I have found a mix of smells waiting on the other side of the door. This is because my mother always gets home just before 6:00 to start making dinner, and I am very happy for it. The smell of any of my mothers delicious meals could cheer my up from anything, whether it was a bad day at school or a small injury I got at soccer practice.
 
    One day it my be a very familiar smell, like a pasta dish with red sauce. It could be the savory spice of the curry on Indian night, or the sharp smell of fajitas wafting throughout the house. Maybe it is the comfortable smell of lasagna, the mystery and intrigue of a new and different dish.

    No matter what the smell is, it tastes ten times better.      

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I get back from football, when my dad or my mum cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job describing the smells. I like that you said that "No matter what the smell is, it tastes ten times better", I totally agree no matter what.
    -james

    ReplyDelete