Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-8-15

 I hear a great hum as I walk into the seating area, and the claustrophobia goes away. Inside the corridor where food is sold and where the bathrooms are it was shoulder-to-shoulder, everyone trying to get to their seats as fast as possible. We finally got to our section in the historic field, and made our way to the seats. Walking down the concrete stairs was an interesting sensation, because I furthered away from my family, but got closer to my heroes.
     I do and will always believe that Arsenal is the best soccer team in England, and are contending to be the best in Europe. Ever since I knew there was an English Premier League I knew there was the Arsenal, and I knew they were my favorite team. This winter my family and I left home in Colorado to fly out to one of the best cities in it world- London, and see our relatives. Before we see them, however, we get to have some fun and somehow my dad got us tickets to watch Arsenal play against an easy team- Cardiff City. Better yet, we managed to get tickets right next to the sideline, which made it harder to see the field, but made it a lot easier to see the players. That is because the Arsenal bench is fifteen feet away from our seats. I feel energized and excited as I get deeper into the stadium, going ahead of my family and skipping to the seats. Our seats are A-5 though A-9. A-5, A-5, I repeat the instructions in my head.
     Finally the seats emerge, and they are closer than I thought they would be to the bench. Before admiring the situation, I settle into the my seat of A-9 and put the game program down. The seats are still wet from the constant shower London suffers, but I don't care. I sit back and look ahead. Just in front of me are the Arsenal team, warming up for the game.
     I recognize each and every one. I am used to seeing professional players at games, but not these. These are celebrities. World wide known people, and I am sitting right next to them. This is going to be a fun night.
     My family eventually joins me, and we wait for the stadium to get louder and louder in the anticipation of world-class soccer.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew you went to England. Is it fun? My favorite team is Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME, it must have been fun to finally go see your favorite soccer team. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. When you talk about claustrophobia, where was the claustrophobia?

    ReplyDelete