Friday, March 13, 2015

Slice of Life: 3-13-15

Tropical New Year
     I pull the old hotel sheets over my legs and try to get comfortable, because it is, after all, past my bed-time. My family and I sit watching the television in silence, still trying to get used to the tropical air. We flew into Hawaii a couple of days ago, and checked into the Grand Wilea, constantly accepting the "Aloha"'s and the "Welcome to Hawaii"'s. We are watching the best and worst of 2011 on NBC, waiting and staying up for the ball to drop.
      This is our first New Years in Hawaii, we were trying to create new memories in a new place. I look at the digital clock like I have been every couple of minutes. Its going to be a new year in eight minutes. A new year. The world might end. This might be our last new years. I doubt it. but you never know. We have to savor the moment.   

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of being in a new place to create new memories.

    ReplyDelete