Saturday, March 29, 2014

Slice of Life 30/31

   I slowly massage my legs, trying to get them to stop aching from my adventure earlier today. Spring Break has just recently started and my mom and older sister just left to go on a trip to Italy partly for my mom's work, declaring it was strictly girls-only. My dad and I then struggled with deciding what to do, because we wanted to somehow top Italy. We realized that that is pretty much impossible, so we wanted to try some new things back home in Colorado. Then, last night after a Colorado Rapids game we left for Vail, trying to get back into skiing.
    I know, I know... you are thinking: What am doing, living in Colorado and not going skiing all of the time? I asked myself the same question, and I guess it is just because my family is really busy all of the time.
    However, I did not go skiing, but I went snowboarding for the first time, which (from what I remember when I skied when I was little) is a lot more fun than skiing. I had a personal lesson-thingy, which i usually don't enjoy but my instructor was nice and understanding. His name was Paul, and he was a childish, funny, and helpful when I was snowboarding with him- he is the kind of man I want to grow up to be (minus the childish thing). I thought I did pretty good at snowboarding for my first time, and I also had some pretty good wipe-outs.
    Bruises cover most of my body, but they are good bruises. You know they are good bruises when you get them doing either a good thing or a fun thing, and I just did a very fun thing.
    After the snowboarding, dad and I walked back to the little condo and had lunch. I now find myself sitting on the couch in our condo eating chips, watching a March Madness game and doing absolutely nothing else. The massaging helps, and I stop to lean back and savor the sweet simple moment.
   I now realize three things:
   I love my dad,
   I love snowboarding,
   and I love Spring Break.

1 comment:

  1. . your first lesson in snowboarding hurts, and i know this from personal experience. ow. This also sounds like I lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete