Friday, March 28, 2014

Slice of Life 28/31

     I continue to work the small brush across the watercolor paper.
     Adding the final details like the fur on the bison.
     I am standing out of my chair, a position I take usually while painting.
     I have been taking many art classes at the Art Student's League.
They are kind of fun.
     Today is the last day of this camp- it is called "Creating Creatures."
     I have been doing good in the camp, developing lost of new art skills.
     If you didn't understand from the name, we draw/paint animals in different mediums.
     For my last painting I decided paint a bison, grazing in a hot field.
I am kind of proud of it.
     I have nearly finished the animal, yet I haven't done any of the background.
     I drag the small brush slowly and carefully along the hump of the bison.
     I observe the small painting, looking for anything to make better.
     I decide there isn't anything I can do, and step back further away to look at it.
It looks kind of good.
     The teacher floats around the room as usual, and soon comes over to me.
     He looks uncomfortably over my shoulder, taking in the small painting as I did.
     "He looks a little lonely, doesn't he?" The teacher says in a comical voice.
     "Yeah, I guess so. Should I add his pack?" The teacher nods and inches away.
It might look cool like that.
     I start by taking a bigger brush and create a sweeping hill with a beige color.
     After that is done, I take long creating tons of small bison along the horizon of the dry terrain.
     I start with dots, and as the group gets closer, add more details to each one.
     Now my tough-looking bison has lots of friends, all grazing in the hot climate.
They look okay.
     There is one last detail I am missing.
     I take the same large brush and dip it into the water.
     Then I add blue.
     Lift it.
     And
     touch
     it
     to
     the
     paper.
     Then drag
     It across, creating
     A pleasant and beautiful blue sky.
I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Nate! Your attention to detail in not only the words, but in the construction as well is remarkable. Your final part, were you wrote one word per line, works particularly well, I think. Like watching your hand hover over the paper before placing it down to drag the water on. Well done.

    ReplyDelete