Friday, March 14, 2014

Slice of Life 14/31

    I click out of the video call on Google+. My dad came into my room saying that we needed to go shopping together, ans I am conflicted about weather or not I want to go. I see my profile page on Google+, with all of the things I have posted. It is like seeing photographs of past events, they bring back memories. My eyes drift around the computer screen, I take a glance before closing the laptop and getting off of my bed. I got a quick glance of the time in the corner, and I suddenly get anxious. I just spent an hour and a half looking at my computer screen.
    Call me not-normal, but if you know me, I am not one to do things like this. The video call I just ended was the second one I have been participating in in my life. I should have started homework. I should have played soccer outside. I should have been with my family. I can tell, now everyone thinks of me as a nerd, but I don't care. Believe it or not, there is a teenager who enjoys doing productive things (no offense to anyone else who doesn't like isolation), and that teenager is yours truly.
     I keep getting mad at myself for not even starting homework. I set the laptop down on my floor and plug in it's charger. Maybe I should have continued my video call with friends. Maybe I should have just ignored my dad.
     I should have went outside to play, and do something productive (I'm not sure what is productive about that, but right now, it sounds like it is). I take steps across my room towards my door. I can already see my dad at the door, looking expectant and concerned of my abnormal behavior of staying in my room for a long period of time. I open the door and look back at the memories I could have made with my friends. Or the memories that I could have made without my friends. These have been my conflicting thoughts that I experience every day.
    I trump down the stairs, not knowing why I am upset, and a thought pops into my head. I could write a Slice of Life about this when i get back.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the conflict between wanting to chat with friends, be with family, be outside. It's challenging, isn't it? I, for one, do not think you a nerd for wanting to be productive and see your family. I think it's quite wonderful. Now that I don't live with my parents, in fact live rather far from them, I love their company more and wish I'd spent more time with them growing up. Balance is the key, my friend.

    ReplyDelete