Sunday, November 30, 2014

Slice of Life: 11/29/14

      I feel my stomach bulge as I swallow another gargantuan mix of homey, rich food. It is impossible to not enjoy Thanksgiving, no matter how uncomfortable you feel afterwards. It is the one day of the year where it is not only tolerated to stuff your face with mounds of calories, but it is actually expected! Despite my thin appearance, I try to eat as much food as I can during any meal, hoping one day my body will finally use the calories to grow. Because of this, I am always hopeful going into Thanksgiving dinner that today will be the day when I will put on a few extra pounds.

          Dinner is drawing to a close, and the three others at the table (my close family) have finished eating. I try not to acknowledge the fact that they are all staring at me, and stuff my mouth with more turkey and gravy. After more eating, my plate is scraped clean, and I set my fork down. Before anyone can say something like "Let's clean up." or "Man I'm full," I reached into the bowl of mashed potatoes with my spoon, and scooped some out. I could tell everyone really wanted me to stop eating. Therefor, I had to amuse them.

          I took the mashed potatoes on my plate, which would have made about four regular fork-fulls, and balanced it all on my fork. Slowly I lifted it up to my mouth, and tried to fit them all inside. It took a couple of attempts, but I was able to do it, and left myself looking a bit too much like a chipmunk. Struggling to keep them in my mouth, I looked around at my family, and we all started to laugh.

          If there is one thing I learned from today, it is that it's hard to laugh with an over-stuffed mouth of mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That was a pretty funny slice of life! When did you stop eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the way you ended your slice. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You learn something every day huh?

    ReplyDelete