Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blindsided

        I stand up straight, slightly leaning back as I observe the beautiful view across the valley, with snow being whisked off mountain by the wind. The mountain straight across from us is by far the most spectacular, with the sunlight above illuminating the snow, and I think that this could easily be in a photo-calender of Colorado. I block out the shouting and laughing behind me, and start to really enjoy the moment. Everything is perfect for one split second, and the next my face is flat on the snow.

       It was my fault... I let my guard down, exposing my back to be perfectly and easily tackled. I feel the full body weight of someone on top of me, both of us giggling slightly. My face stings immensely, and I reach my exposed hand up to it to brush most of the powdery snow from it, not relieving it from the cold but preventing later stinging. I roll over to see that it was Max, and I playfully throw snow into his face, hoping that he will feel my pain.

       

2 comments:

  1. That was a really great experience. I loved the descriptive words you used.

    ReplyDelete